Thursday, August 16, 2012

Shingling Bethel

Micah and Matthew have been working for R&R Roofing again this summer. The job they are working on now is Bethel CRC Church. The roof has a high steep peak over the sanctuary.Sharon was considerably worried before they started the job but they are using lifts to stand on for most of the roof.


If you look at the picture below you see Micah working, but Matthew seems to be in a bit more of an advisory capacity or maybe just day dreaming. They tell me he was feeding shingles and Micah was nailing, sure that explains it, I think.
Either way I think I am just as happy working at ground level, and not on 2x6 stringers above the reach of the cat lifts. That way if I fall it is only going to hurt a little.
If you closely you can see Matthew is working in the picture below.

It has been a hot summer and the work is hard but the boys have not complained. It is a lesson I can learn about life. Sometimes the work we are called to do to build the kingdom of God is hard work.Sometimes it takes teamwork. 

 Sometimes it even looks as though it could be dangerous, if nothing else, dangerous to our pride. 
Jesus washed the apostles feet when no one else in the room wanted to. Are we willing to do the jobs that no one else wants to do because they look hard, or are not the glamorous jobs? I think I need to try to do better. I need to listen and look for the opportunities God is placing in my life to be about His work.





No comments:

Post a Comment