Friday, November 16, 2012

A tree falls

We had a tree die in our back yard last fall. It was surrounded by pine and fir trees and could not be reached by a bucket truck.



Of course I thought I could climb the tree and cut it down

I cut a lot of the limbs off but at 50 foot in the air my courage got a little lacking.

Time to bring in a pro. here he is about 60 foot up the tree.



You can see the top of the tree falling to the left. He had just cut it and given it a push.


I did not get a picture of it, but he sat on top of the cut off tree about 40 foot up and just looked around.





He was standing back as he cut the base.
And then he was standing exactly where the tree was going to fall. His chain saw was stuck and I think he was honestly wondering how he was going to save it before he stepped around the tree out of the way. For a couple of seconds I thought we were going to be looking for a way to get him out from under the trunk.

The tree fell far enough off the stump that his chain saw was not damaged.
Fire wood anyone?






No comments:

Post a Comment