Sunday, November 17, 2019

Cleaned up

We had a tenant move out last Sunday. One bedroom needed to be repainted as they had the furniture up against the walls and had damaged the paint. There were a couple of cracks in the plaster that needed to be filled and sanded down. I painted the rest of the bedroom on Monday except for the uncured patches. When I closed the paint can I set it in a cardboard box so I wouldn't get any paint on the wooden floors. Then I started picking up the some of the stuff they had left behind. I was filling boxes to go to the landfill. 


Tuesday morning I loaded the pickup 2 times and hauled furniture to the landfill along with the boxes i had filled with everything else including the food out of the fridge. I was going to finish painting the bedroom and looked for my can of paint. I looked for a while when I realized my can of paint was in one of those boxes the went to the landfill. I have to confess that I did not tell the truth when they asked me at landfill if there was any paint in my load. It was a special blend and I would have gladly had it back as I had to go get some more blended to match just to finish 4 square foot of wall.
I hauled away bicycles, yes that is plural

and a pickup load of furniture to the thrift store.

I don't like to throw away furniture someone else can use.

A neighbor came and bought this table cheap

Neal came over to buy this dresser


I talked him into taking this one along for no extra cost. Thanks Neal.

Friday morning I did something I never thought I would do. I swept the snow off the back porch on this house so I could shingle it.

if you look close you can see the snow melt running out from under the new shingles. There was a fine layer left on the roof when I started shingling.


Got the garage finished Friday as well.


It is a good feeling to be finished with roofs for the year. Now we can do interior work till spring.
     It was a clean up kind of week. Had a house that needed to be cleaned out and cleaned up. Got the last of the roofing cleaned up and done for the year.
     I met some people this week and thought "wow you need to clean up your life." Its easy to see where others are sinning but not so easy to see where we need to clean up our own lives. I sat in on a Sunday school class this morning. Sophomores in High School taking a deeper look at the Ten commandments. Doug asked the class if we obeyed the first commandment of having no other gods would we need the other 9? He was right if we serve God first we wouldn't have to worry about the rest of the commandments. Our lives would be all cleaned up. I think instead of looking at others I need to make sure I am putting God first and get my life cleaned up.

No comments:

Post a Comment