Sunday, March 31, 2019

Another Wedding

Sharon and I just got home from a trip to Grand Rapids Michigan. We went to celebrate the wedding of our youngest son Matthew and his new bride Meagan.
Sharon did a wonderful job picking out an Air BNB for the family to stay in. It was in Holland Michigan where the reception was. It was right on Lake Macatawa.

I mean right on the lake. There was a deck outside the living room windows and then you could have stepped off into the lake. It was a bit too cold for anyone to want to take a quick dip, but it was very relaxing to sit in the living room with family and look at the lake.
Even in the dark the lights reflecting off the gently moving waves was a beautiful sight.
The rehearsal was on Friday night.
I thought the rehearsal went well, but one of the pictures I took shows the minister slapping his forehead. Maybe there was a few things that needed to be worked out??
I am wondering if Matt and Meagan needed all that rehearsal for the kiss. I would have thought they had practiced before this. Who knows about this younger generation.
Matt's cousins Seth and Jacob were the ushers. I think Seth might have realized I was taking their picture. Jacob was probably texting some girl and he didn't notice.
The groomsmen were a handsome line up. I came up short and didn't get a picture of the bridesmaids.


At the end of the evening it was Matthew and Meagan Spoelstra. That is the last of our sons married. ( Although we still have our Chinese son Tony to get married off. He will be back living with us next month working in Pella.)  We now are blessed to have 3 wonderful daughters in law.
It was a fun weekend. A time when I saw God make known his presence.
It is an unbelievable blessing to hear extended family members share their experiences of hearing the voice of God directing their lives. May all of you be so blessed.









No comments:

Post a Comment