Saturday, March 16, 2019

Moving On

It has been a long hard winter. People tend to tell me I am wrong when I say it was 60 degrees on January 5. Well it was. Micah and Linsey's wedding was that day, so I remember it well.
Anyway one evening this week there were 11 deer in our back yard. The snow cover was not melted yet .


They were eating the needles on the evergreen trees. I don't know how much nutrition there is in evergreen needles, but I am guessing that is not their first choice for fodder.


On Friday, Sharon and I went to Joshua Christian Academy for their Partner's Day. When they sing a praise song at JCA everyone sways to the music. they take praising God seriously.
Sharon and I each went to a different classroom to interact with the students and have lunch. Lunch was provided by Chick-fil-A. 
The students found it hard to believe I had never eaten Chick-fil-A before.

We stopped at the DAV thrift store before we went to JCA. I found this leaded glass chandelier for $4.95. It will definitely be a beautiful addition to some house. 

I was able to walk out of the house I was working on this week. It even passed city inspection today. The house needs siding and a new roof yet, but the new tenants are moving in today. The inspector wants the siding and roof done by the end of the summer. That works for me because I do not want this house to go through another winter with out being weather-proofed.



I was able to get my closet door up in the master bedroom. 2 antique windows on a barn door rail. When the tenants were going through the house the mom called out to the kids, "come and look at mommy's closet door." I think she liked it.

It never ceases to amaze me what people will keep. In the top of the garage of the house, I am starting on now, was a stack of florescent light bulbs. I am guessing they are all burned out. Doesn't really matter if they are or not, they are all going to be disposed of. I remove all florescent fixtures. I hate them. 4 fixtures out of the garage went to the landfill on Thursday and new fixtures with turn in LED bulbs went up.


We are going to replace the cupboards. These are hideously filthy. Today I found the stickers from when it was new are still on the counter top. I was going to throw it away but now that I know it is almost new I am going to try to clean it up and reuse it.


The kitchen is going to have to be reconfigured. How could anyone have ever thought it was a good idea to put the range here?? Unless you want to get on your knees and have long arms, a lot of storage space is wasted.
  

There were 2 pantries in the kitchen area. They were where the basement stairs originally were. The basement stairs are going back where they originally were. I have all the shelving and walls removed. pulling up the floor has turned out to be a bit more difficult. I went down in the basement and removed all the screws I could find and it still won't budge. I think I will be cutting it into small pieces with a saws-all next week.

The deer are on the move. Looking for the last food available before the spring growth starts. The kids and staff at JCA are on the move when they sing. Not a one of them stands still. One person gives away a leaded glass chandelier and it finds its way to me. Florescent bulbs kept by someone are going to be moved to rubbish. Technology has moved on and LED is a better option. I was able to move from one house to the next. The kitchen appliances in this house need to be moved.
Nothing is static. Some want the world to stay the same and never change. They want life like it was back in 1965. I grew up in the late 60s and early 70s. I don't want to go back. I like having information at my finger tips. As I look back, I don't think it was such a great time. In my world we were all the same. We dressed the same we thought the same, we looked the same. The world has moved on and I rejoice in the move. As a poorly moved basement stairs should be moved back to its original spot, there are times to say we have moved to far too fast, but we shouldn't make a habit of that thought pattern.
God is bringing his kingdom to fruition and for that to happen things have to move. You can't, and shouldn't want, to turn the clock back. Every day should be a new adventure of moving forward with God as he builds his kingdom.




No comments:

Post a Comment