Sunday, May 3, 2020

Hidden in plain sight

I found out I was playing a game this week when I didn't know I was.

I was sitting in my office entering rent payments into the accounting software and data sheet when the 3 year old girl who visits us 3 days a week came running into my office. "I found you" she yelled.
"I didn't know I was lost" was my reply.
She ran out of the room and I could hear her start to count.
She came running back in and yelled "I found you".
Then she did it all over again. It took 3 times before I figured out we were playing hide and seek and I wasn't very good at hiding.


Later, I told her we could play again and I would look for her. She ran through the kitchen


into the back entry way and stood by the door. It wasn't real tough to find her. She hid in the exact same spot every time. When I would "find" her she would scream with joy.


We looked at a house this week. Our opinion is, it is over priced,but just because we think that doesn't mean someone else won't find it to be a bargain. In the basement there was an interior half wall made of brick. As you can see it is failing, or perhaps better said, it has failed. I have no idea why this wall has so much pressure behind it. It is about 6 feet inside the house. There is a crawl space for the 6 feet and the dirt behind the bricks looks dry. It obviously has water pressure against it some of the time. Someone tried to cover the failing wall with wood, but the wood has given way as the wall pushes out and the bulging bricks are no longer hidden.


Then there was this special fix of the basement door. The basement stairs hand rail was a little too long. Now I would have cut the rail back a foot so the door would clear it. that just shows I have no imagination or capability of thinking outside the box. Why shorten the rail and cause a dangerous situation of not having a hand hold for that last step when you can just cut a notch in the door. Ingenious solution. Most of us would want the hand rail to be hidden when the door was closed. Shows we are closed minded I guess.
We are in the Spring season. The plants are growing and the lawns are being cut. The farmers are planting their crops and "The heavens declare the glory of God". The truth to some is hidden in plain sight. There is a God who reveals himself in all the world around us. To many He is hidden in plain sight because they do not want to see the works of God.
I know there are those who are asking where is God when people are dying of a virus and our economy is shut down. It is a question that has been asked for thousands of years. Where is God in a drought when people die of famine. Where is God when plagues ravage the land. Where is God when evil men rise to power and the land is filled with shed blood. God is still there and though evil may seem to reign for a season, God will reveal himself in due time and there will be shalom. He may seem hidden to us for a season but if we search we will see that he is in plain sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment