Saturday, July 13, 2019

A freebie

I was overjoyed to finish the last siding on a house this week. Now the joints just have to be caulked and the house painted.


All that is left to show that there was a pile of supplies is the dead grass.


I could concentrate on the next siding job, except of course for the texts that come in from tenants needing something. I had a tenant text me, they had a tree limb on their yard and they had no way to cut it up and haul it away. I appreciated that they at least thought about getting rid of it before contacting me for help. I headed over to the house and as I was driving I went past one of our houses. I thought "hey they have a big tree limb down in their yard" That was when I realized I was going to the wrong house. Good thing I had chosen the street I did or I would have wondered why there was no limb when I arrived at the house I thought had texted me.


By the time I had it cut up and loaded, the pickup was over full. I suppose it would have been difficult for the tenant to fit it in the trunk of their car.

We got a bonus when we purchased the blue house. Look a hot tub. It was under a roof that was fallen in between the garage and the lawn shed. A neighbor asked a couple of months back if he could have it. Oh, yes, please haul that thing away. He never did, much to my dismay. then he showed up this week again and once again asked if he could have the hot tub. Oh, yes please haul it away. "I'll get it tonight." It was still there the next morning. Oh bugger. He showed up Friday afternoon with a large hammer and a flat bar and tore out the rotten roof and the walls around the hot tub.
He added a lot to our pile to go to the landfill. I had thrown the tarps we took off the house roof in the building with the hot tub, now they are filled with shingles and rotten wood. The rest of the building is on the pile in front of the garage. I had hauled away 2 loads and it was starting to look manageable. Now I am back where I started.
 "I'll get it out of there this evening" he declared. As I write this Saturday evening it is still there. If he went to all the work of tearing down the building around it, he is surely coming back to get it isn't he? Oh, please may he come back to get it. 

The rest of my week was putting up siding

and more siding


and more siding (yes we still need to put steps by this door. Right now the first step down would be quite a doozy)

and more siding.
We are about to the end of fixing up the houses we purchased back in November. It has been a long haul. It was great when someone just showed up one day this week and did a demo job for us for free. I suppose it is too much to expect that to happen on a regular basis, but one can always hope right?
As I was putting up siding I would see that falling down building and realize, I have to take some time and get that thing torn down. No I don't, it was torn down for me. There may be residual on the junk pile but the awful shed is gone. It was a freebie.
My life is like that. It has a lot of awful things in it. Sin. Well someone showed up and paid for my sin with out me asking him to do it. There is still residual in my life but the sin has been taken care of. I watched a man struggle and carry heavy sheets of plywood with shingles still attached and throw them on the junk pile. Jesus did that for me too. He picked up my sin and carried it himself while I go on with my life.
Has Jesus picked up your sins and carried them to the junk pile? Oh, he has. Jesus death paid for the sins of the whole world, question is do you accept his sacrifice for you. If you don't see your life is rotten and needs to be torn down and cleaned up, then Jesus death isn't paying for your sins. It's that simple. Let someone bear the burden for you for free!

















No comments:

Post a Comment