Saturday, June 29, 2019

Slow change

Today Micah and I finished the inside of the Blue House (except I still need the bathroom light fixture)
Speaking of the bathroom, this was the original state of the bathroom. When walking through the house before we purchased it, I did not even want to go in there.

Now it looks a lot better. The 18 inch vanity has been replaced with a 48 inch vanity. I rented another house this week and showed several people this one as well. They would look through the door and say "nice size bathroom." I would say you need to walk on in and look.

Everyone said "ooh" when they saw the shower. 


Original kitchen.
 
I don't have a good picture of the finished kitchen. You'll have to trust me that it is greatly improved.


  This was the living room.
Same room with less windows and that closet that filled half the room gone.

This was one of the 2 bedrooms. Nice big closet. Too bad it made the bedroom 6 feet wide for half of the room.
Closet gone and door where the closet used to be.

Oh the lovely green bedroom, with the same closet problem.

Much more usable space now.


And then there was this wasted space on the east side of the kitchen.

Makes a wonderful master bedroom.
We put in a laundry room across the hall from the bathroom.
Micah swept out the basement and we carried all the junk out.

 
We still have a lot of work to do on the outside and the new Central air goes in  second week of July. We did put up a couple of pieces of siding so we could install the outside water faucet this morning.


After lunch we started siding the west side of the house that is toward the street. Have another siding project we are working on but we wanted everyone to know the house will soon cease to be an eyesore. 
 
We spent the rest of the afternoon siding a garage. I have time on this one as I told the city it would be done before the snow flies, but I need to get it off my to do list.
We started on the blue house 83 days ago. During that time we shingled 6 roofs and sided 3/4 of another house as well. Still it seems like it was a job that was never going to end.
Sometimes I look back and think of some of the things I did and said when I was younger. I wish I could go back and do things differently and make some of the words I said disappear.
If we know Jesus as our savior we are in the process of sanctification. Growing in faith, love and knowledge of how to live God's way. 
I have a feeling God could look at my life and say, Royce started out needing a lot of work it has been a long process to get him from where he was to where he is now, and Royce still needs a lot of work before he is finished.
God has been working on me and I hope everyone around me can see that he is making improvements in me the same way I can now look back and see the changes in the blue house. It was a slow process and there were times the house seemed to look the same at the end of the week as it did at the beginning. Slowly but surely it was changed from deplorable to usable living space. 
May God grant me the grace to  have changed from deplorable to now usable in building his kingdom.



































1 comment:

  1. There is nothing better than building a house with your own hands)) I was proud when I did it. Now I no longer need to perform such feats, but my workbench, isn't idle - https://cozyhousetoday.com/best-portable-workbench-reviews/ Sometimes I fix something, sometimes I just do wood in my garage. Now it seems to me that I can do anything if I have the right tools.

    ReplyDelete