Saturday, August 1, 2020

Relationships

          It has been a busy week. spent a lot of time painting.

Mixed my own colors from paint left in houses we bought and mismatched gallons bought cheap at Walmart.


I have the entire first floor, except the bathroom, painted in the house we are working on.


It would be nice if you could just start rolling on paint, but that is seldom the way it works.


Before I could paint this room, I wanted that door way gone. that meant removing the door and putting a new stud in the middle. Filling in the hole with sheet rock and then taping and mudding it. Oh what fun.


Still need to put a piece of trim by the floor where the door was.



This is what the kitchen looked like when we bought the house. I was not planning on replacing that small light and ceiling fan. That is until on a cloudy day, I couldn't tell the difference if the light was on or off.


The 6 bulb fixture came out of a house our realtor sold. The new owners were going to throw away the fixtures and she told them she knew of someone who would use them. Thanks Lisa. One is in a house now and put to good use. The cupboards we are putting in come from our neighbors, Chis and Julie. They were putting in new cupboards and asked if we could use theirs to improve a rental house.


Micah and I got the old ones torn out of this house and started installing the old ones of Chris and Julie today. A much needed improvement.


I do wish we had another place for the range but one can only do so much with the space you have.

So this week Lisa provided the light fixture, Chris and Julie provided the cupboards, and others provided much of the paint. The house is being remodeled with the help of others who don't even know about their input.
We rented a house to Jess this week. When the house came open I posted it and had a couple of really good applications, but Jess contacted me. Jess lived with us for a while when he was a teenager. Yea, Jess was going to get the house if he wanted it, and he did. I told Jess, "I would have kept you when you were living with us." he said, "I would have stayed." No he wouldn't have. He wanted to live with his mom and that was the right thing. But Jess did say "You and Sharon were the best people in my life." and he gave me a hug. Jess that meant the world to me!
This evening Ian and Demi stopped by. We talked of many things. (OK, mostly I talked.) Man's free will, Calvinism, How one gets to Heaven. It was a great conversation with some people I just met in the last month. 
Some people collect things. I would rather collect relationships. Lisa, Chris and Julie, Jess, Ian and Demi, thanks for being in my life,. You made me have a great week.
Cherish the relationships God gives you and the people God puts in your life,
















No comments:

Post a Comment