Saturday, August 22, 2020

Letting in some light and doing something right

We are making progress on the house we are working on.


Got scaffolding from Eric on Monday so I could put the windows back in. At some point in the history of the house it was decided there was only a need for 1 window upstairs. Not really a good idea. It was pretty dark up there, especially since there were 2 rooms, one of which had no window. That changes it from a bedroom to a closet by code classification.


The old windows were still there on the inside, but there was 2 layers of siding over them on the outside.

After the windows were installed and open, it made quite a difference on the temperature inside the house. Sure I could have run the central air, but I am much to frugal for that (I used frugal because I can not confess to being cheap, OK, I'm cheap).

Still need to do work on the walls upstairs but Micah got the trim in this afternoon. Look window sills.


There was piece of the wood missing (where a doorway was) in this wall. I thought I did a pretty good job of getting the replacement wood to match. Can you find the new piece??


I also got the missing side panels put on the cupboards. Looks like I got the stain of the new side panels to match the cupboards original color.

Clothes storage is in the 2nd bedroom. I won't call it a closet because we do not intend to put on a door.


Micah laid the floor in the master bedroom this morning. flooring should all be in now.


While Micah was laying floor, I put the tile in for the shower. Still needs to be grouted and sealed, but the tile are up. The old fiberglass shower is standing in the garage. We put in a lot of tile for showers. if you are one of our tenants that still has a fiberglass shower, sorry about that. If it needs replacing we will upgrade to tile.

There is just

something about


a tiled tub 


surround that 

makes a bathroom feel 



like someone cared enough to do it right.
We let a lot of light in a house this week. Finished up the floors and worked on trim. Tiled a bathroom to make it look good and last a long time.
Jesus said I am the light of the world. If you let him be your light he will take care of the details and make your life the best it can be. I happened to see a man I was blessed to share the gospel with, a few years back, this afternoon. He looked great and was shopping with his daughter for a BBQ. I remember how he used to be before he asked for forgiveness and accepted Jesus as his savior. I drove home thinking how grand it was that he and I were going to spend eternity together with God. He now has light in his life, just like I do, and God has really blessed him the last couple of years and given him a life that is so much better than the norm and will last for eternity.













 

No comments:

Post a Comment